Online paralegal degree programs make paralegal degrees accessible to students who cannot make the time commitment to be in a classroom each week. These programs provide essentially the same education as campus-based programs, delivered online through various digital channels.
See what online paralegal degree programs are available below to find the best program for you.
Online Paralegal Degree Programs Enrolling Now
Benefits of Earning a Paralegal Degree Online
There are several benefits to enrolling in an online paralegal degree program, including:
- Convenience – As long as you meet the deadlines for assignments, you can do your schoolwork at any time during the day. You do not have to be at a specific place at a specific time, allowing you to have a more flexible schedule.
- Portability – You don’t have to be at home to earn your online paralegal degree. As long as you have an internet connection, you can be in school at any location.
- Virtual classrooms – Many of today’s paralegal schools offer virtual classrooms. This includes having live streaming videos of professors’ lectures, live internet chats with your professor and classmates, and message boards for additional support. Rather than feeling distant from your class, you may well feel even more connected to them.
- Choice – You aren’t restricted to just one or two options. There are many online paralegal degree or online paralegal certificate programs available for you to choose from.
Online Paralegal Degree Courses
The courses you will take while earning your online paralegal degree will vary depending on the program. In general, you can expect to take courses in the following subjects:
- Family law
- Employment law
- Legal research and writing
- Torts and personal injury
- Real estate law
- Bankruptcy law
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Civil litigation
- Estates and trusts
- Business law
- Legal terminology
Choosing an Online Paralegal Training Program
Completing a paralegal training program online is becoming one of the most common ways people earn their paralegal certification. Just like traditional paralegal training schools, the online paralegal degree programs vary quite a bit from one to another. You should evaluate an online paralegal degree program using the same standards that you would when considering a traditional paralegal school.
When selecting an online paralegal degree program, you should consider:
- The curriculum and whether it will provide you with the level of training that you desire
- The level of access that you will have to your instructors
- Any professional affiliations that the school may have
- Whether or not the school is accredited by any organizations that accredit online schools
After taking some time to consider these factors and others, you will be able to figure out which one of the online paralegal degree programs is right for you.