If you are interested in working as a paralegal, earning a paralegal diploma can help you meet your goals. Earning a paralegal diploma from one of the many accredited paralegal schools across the country gives prospective employers tangible verification of your paralegal training, without the time commitment of a more advanced degree program.
Explore the paralegal diploma programs below to see which ones are a match for you.
Paralegal Diploma Programs Enrolling Now
Penn Foster Career School
Career Diplomas and Certificates Your Time and Online.
Want a better job? Looking for a new career? Thinking about starting your own business? Today’s students often don’t have time to attend regularly scheduled classes, but through online education. Penn Foster Career School, one of the world’s largest regionally accredited distance learning career schools, has educated millions of adults through their study-at-home programs.
When students complete their program they are awarded a Career Diploma. Penn Foster Career School offers Career Diplomas in a wide variety of high-demand career fields, particularly in the areas of: business, technology, engineering, health services, education, and the trades.
Career Diploma programs have gained in popularity because they contain a large amount of relevant, real-word applicable information that can be learned in a flexible format. Career Diplomas are ideal for people who are interested in changing careers, but can’t take time away from their current job or family obligations.
Why Many Students Choose Penn Foster Career School for Their Training:
- Materials are available as soon as your enrollment is accepted.
- Students have the flexibility to study online… at a pace that’s right for them.
- There are no classes to attend because students complete all of their studies from the comfort and convenience of their own home.
- Penn Foster offers over 50 Career Diploma programs in some of today’s most in-demand career fields.
- Friendly and helpful support from expert instructors dedicated to each student’s success is just a phone call or an email away.
- We have an extensive online community where students can interact with fellow students, faculty, and alumni. Students can also participate in the hundreds of blogs and academic groups.
- Web access to learning and student services is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Penn Foster Career School’s tuition is among the lowest of all accredited career schools. They offer 0% interest and customized monthly payment plans.
- Books, study guides, learning aids, and instructor support are all included in the student’s tuition.
- Students and graduates have immediate access to Penn Foster Career Services, which include resume writing, interviewing tips, job search techniques, and more.
- Students can earn a Career Diploma in a matter of months.
Penn Foster Career School is accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC), which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Penn Foster Career School is regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Penn Foster Career School has been accredited as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET).
- Penn Foster Career School Campus Online
Benefits of Earning a Paralegal Diploma
Paralegal diploma programs have a few benefits over degree and certificate programs. Some paralegal diploma programs can be completed within six months, up to a year. Financial commitment is lower than most degree programs, since most diploma programs are offered by lower-cost junior colleges and career colleges. And unlike a certificate program, paralegal diplomas usually do not require you to have a previous degree.
However, similar to a degree or certificate program, a diploma program may give you the opportunity to take part in an internship, which is a great way to put your paralegal training into practice firsthand.
What Types of Classes Will You Take?
Your training will vary depending on which paralegal diploma program you enroll in. However, you can expect a mix of classroom instruction and hands on training. You may even enroll in an internship or externship to gain on the job experience. By the time your program is complete, you will be prepared for the many different types of paralegal jobs. In general, your classes will involve subjects like:
- Legal applications of computers
- Legal terminology
- Research and organization skills
In addition, you might take classes outside of the legal field, but still related to paralegal work, such as word processing, English, math, and more.
After Earning a Paralegal Diploma
Once you have a paralegal diploma, you will be ready to begin your career search. You may also decide to continue your training through other means. For example, there are several paralegal certification programs available that are a great way to increase your expertise.
Speak to school representatives to learn the ways your paralegal diploma can help you on your career path.